|ABOUT US||WHAT WE DO||LBT MODEL||ACKNOWLEDGEMENT||WHAT YOU CAN DO||WHO PARTICIPATES||COMMUNITY|
Life Beyond Tourism Manifestos
Introduction to the Manifesto 2008
of Life Beyond Tourism® for Intercultural Dialogue through tourism based on values, not just on consumer services
Life Beyond Tourism®
- to foster awareness of and familiarity with cultural diversity traditional knowledge
- to safeguard spirit of place
- to communicate spirit of place, imbuing it with new life
1. Tourism is a crucial source of prosperity
2. Tourism provides an opportunity for getting to know -- spirit of place
- cultural diversity
- traditional knowledge
3. Tourism in its various forms goes way beyond the mere satisfying of personal needs
4. People working in the tourist industry foster awareness of spirit of place and of intercultural dialogue
5. The tourist is a potential harbinger of knowledge and of intercultural dialogue
6. The tourist destination is a workshop of knowledge providing all visitors with an opportunity for personal growth
7. The community of the visited tourist destination considers the traveller to be first and foremost a guest of the city, then a guest of the business providing the services and facilities, and only lastly, their customer
8. Workshops for knowledge trigger a demand for increasingly high quality tourist products not only in terms of consumer services but also, and above all, in value-related terms
9. Architectural, urban and environmental planning and management need to foster 'Traditional Knowledge' and 'Intercultural Dialogue'
10. 'Cultural heritage'both tangible and intangible, prompts people to travel, providing them with an opportunity to increase their knowledge; thus not only must that heritage be 'protected' and 'enhanced', it must also be used ‘to fuel intercultural dialogue’.
Life Beyond Tourism Manifesto 2014
- Peace is essential for sustainable development
- Intercultural Dialogue is strategic for contributing to peace in the world
- Heritage, both natural and cultural, is a strategic factor to peace in the word
- Knowledge, and respect for intercultural diversity (both tangible and intangible) are essential for intercultural dialogue
- Encounter, especially among young people, is essential for intercultural dialogue
- Travel, acquiring knowledge of the destination visited with its values and knowledge, is therefore strategic tool for the acquisition of knowledge and for the development of respect
Our Mottos over the years
“For peace in the world, among young people of different Countries, through culture. Meeting, getting acquainted, understand each other to develop friendship among people"
“International meetings without competition in the respect of each own identity - A past to know together, a common future to share"
“From Florence, we are helping to trigger young people’s emotions urging them to come up with thoughts and proposals of use to international community”