|ABOUT US||WHAT WE DO||LBT MODEL||ACKNOWLEDGEMENT||WHAT YOU CAN DO||WHO PARTICIPATES||COMMUNITY|
Honours and Awards
The Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation®-Life Beyond Tourism® and its President, Paolo Del Bianco, thank all those -
individuals and institutions - that made possible to realize the activities of the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation, which
led to define the ethos LIFE BEYOND TOURISM® for Intercultural Dialogue which makes use of the LIFE BEYOND TOURISM NON PROFIT PORTAL® Heritage + Tourism = lifebeyondtoursim.com for Intercultural Dialogue to introduce the visitor to a region's character through the cultural institutions and businesses that play a significant role in defining that character, and whose history and current activity embody the "spirit of place".
Ivanovo (Russia), 31 May 2013 Certificate of Appreciation for the co-operation in the cultural activity by the Ivanovo City (Russia)
Moscow (Russia), 26 April 2013 “Prize Aleksej Komech” for the co-operation in the promotion of the cultural heritage of All Russia, by the Director of the Library for Foreign Literature of Moscow; congratulation letter by the Minister of Culture of the Russian Federation, Vladimir R. Medinskij. Laudation by the President of the Russian Academy of Architecture, Alexander P. Kudryavtsev
Baku (Azerbaijan), 18 April 2013 “National Heritage Award” of the Republic of Azerbaijan, by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Abulfas
Paris (France), 4 March 2013 Signature of the “Life Beyond Tourism” Memorandum of Understanding with the ICOMOS (International Council for Monuments and Sites)
Madrid (Spain), 29 October 2011 Associate Member of the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)
Yerevan (Armenia), 19 October 2011 Medal of Merit by the Academic Senate of the Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction
Odessa (Ukraine), 12th October 2010 Honorary Degree by the Odessa State Academy of Architecture and Construction
Tbilisi (Georgia), October 2010 Honorary Citizenship of Tbilisi
Tbilisi (Georgia), June 16, 2010 Private meeting with President of the Republic of Georgia, Mikhail Saakashvili and delivery of the “Golden Lion”
Moscow (Russia), May 25, 2010 Honorary Degree Conferment of Honorary Degree at the Moscow Architectural Institute, by the rector Dmitry Shvidkovsky
Tbilisi (Georgia), April 21, 2010 Honorary Degree Awarding the Honorary Degree of Tbilisi State University by the Rector Prof. Giorgi Khubua
Tbilisi (Georgia), April 20, 2010, Honorary Degree Confirmed the title of Honorary Doctor of Tbilisi State Academy of Arts by the Rector Prof. Giorgi Bughadze
Florence (Italy), November 27, 2009 Honorary Degree Conferment of the title Honorary Doctor of Azerbaijan University of Architecture and Construction for the special activities in the development of relations study and research and to maintain relations of cooperation and friendship between Italy and Azerbaijan. University Academic Council decision of 18-XI-2009; ceremony in Florence, November 27, 2009 .
Florence (Italy), November 27, 2009 Medal of recognition by the McKenzie Presbyterian University of São Paulo (Brazil), donated by Prof. Valter Caldana in recognition of the starting the collaboration with the Foundation
Florence (Italy), December 14, 2008 Honorary Degree Conferring the title of Honorable Doctor of Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction YSUAC to support the international activities of YSUAC and great help in developing strong collaboration with foreign universities. Decision of the Council of Scientific YSUAC in Yerevan on 07-10-2008; ceremony in Florence November 14, 2008.
Florence, March 5, 2008 Conferral in Palazzo Vecchio of the Honor "Printer Ivan Fedorov Foundation", to the President of the Foundation Romualdo Del Bianco, Paolo Del Bianco by the Director of the Foundation Printer Ivan Fedorov Moscow for the important contributions to the promotion of educational and cultural projects between Russia and the city of Florence
Ivanovo, 21 December 2007 Conferral of Medal of Honour by the Foundation Sheremyetev (Paris) for "the important contribution to the promotion of friendship and cooperation between Italy and Russia"
Krakow, 24 November 2007 Received by the Dean of the Faculty of Conservation of the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow Jan Matejko, Prof.. Grazyna Korpal, the medal for the 750 anniversary celebrations of the city
Krakow, 20 September 2007 Received by the Mayor of Cracow, Jacek Majchrowski the coin "Honoris Gratia" in "recognition of the great merits for the development of science and culture of our city."
Green Bay, May 11th 2007 Conferring of the Freedom of the Town of Green Bay (Wisconsin, U.S.A.) by the Mayor James J. Schmitt, to Paolo Del Bianco for the activity of the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation
Florence, 10 March 2007 Conferring upon all the activities and initiatives of the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation the official Florence City patronage
Florence, 29th November 2006 Conferring of the “Il Gonfalone d’Argento” (the most important honour by Tuscan Region) by the President of the Region Tuscan Council “for the role of the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation in promoting the protection and conservation of the cultural and artistic heritage, not only in our Region but at international level as well” (letter by the Region Tuscan Council of 8th September 2006)
Florence, November 11th, 2006 Conferring of the Official European Union Flag to the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation, by the European Association of the Journalists for the activity of promotion of the international integration in Europe
Forte dei Marmi, 27th August 2006 Conferring of the merit plague by the Vice Major of the Forte dei Marmi Town for the activity of the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation
Florence, May 23rd 2006 Letter of thanks by Prof. Antonio Paolucci (former Italian Minister for Culture Heritage and Head of the Superintendence for the Florentine Museums) for the activity of the Foundation on the behalf of the City of Florence
Kharkiv – Ukraine, June 2005 Thank you plaque by the Kharkiv Region Administration and the President of the Region, Arsen Avakov, for the relationaships of international co-operation between Florence and Kharkiv
Kharkiv – Ukraine, June 2005 Thank you plate by the Major of Kharkiv City, Vladiminr Shumilkin, for the role by the Romualdo Del Bianco President for the development of the relationships of co-operation between Florence and Kharkiv
Italy – Florence, 13th November 2004: International Prize “AMERIGO VESPUCCI – IDEAL AMBASSADOR OF FLORENCE CITY”, by
the Major of Florence, Leonardo Domenici, and the Councillor for International Relationships and Twinning, Eugenio Giani, to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
Slovak Republic – Rome, 14th September 2004: medal by the Embassy of Slovak Republic “for the appreciated activity to develop the
relationships between Slovak Republic and Italian Republic” given by the Ambassador of Slovak Republic, H. E. Jozef Miklosko, to the
President of the Foundation Paolo Del Bianco
Italy – Florence, 7th April 2004: letter of thanks by Prof. Antonio Paolucci, Superintendent to Florentine Museums, past Minister for Cultural Heritage, for the conclusion of the restoration of the painting “Sacred Allegory” of Giovanni Bellini at Uffizi Gallery
Rome, 24th of October 2002Silver Commemorative Medal of Czech Republic given to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco, by the Ambassador of the Czech Republic in Italy, Hana Ševčiková, for the for the contribution to the development of the relationship between Czech Republic and Italy. The medal was been given on the occasion of the Czech Public Holiday, through the Czech Republic Plenipotentiary Minister, Josef Brož
San Gimignano, 28th of June 2002 Honorary medal by the Major of the Town of St. Gimignano, Marco Lisi, to the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation for the activity of preservation of the cultural heritage of the town
Italy – Rome, 4th April 2002: Invitation to the Gala Dinner at Quirinale Palace, by the President of the Italian Republic, Carlo Azeglio Ciampi, in honour of the President of Czech Republic, Vaclav Havel and his wife Dagmar Havlova
Poland - Florence, 2nd March 2002: medal “En reconnaissance du precieux apport à la diffusion de la culture polonaise est conféré
L’ORDRE DU “MERITE CULTUREL” n° 565/2002 Varsovie 14.02.2002”, conferred to Paolo Del Bianco by the Minister of Culture, on behalf of the Government of the Republic of Poland, by the Ambassador of the Republic of Poland in Italy, H. E. Michal Radlicki to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
Czech Republic – Florence, 10th February 2000: medal by the Major of Prague 8 Mìstka Èàst Praha 8 - on the occasion of the II
International Round Table of the Foundation
Italy - Florence, 19th November 1999: plaque n. D 291, from the Mayor of Florence, by the Twinning Councillor of Florence Eugenio Giani, in the occasion of the ceremony of Latvia Independence Anniversary to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
Georgia - Roma, 16th May 1997: private meeting with the President of Georgia Eduard Schevardnadze, thanks to the personal invitation by the Member of the Georgian Parliament Shaishmelasvili to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
Georgia - Tbilisi, 3-5 May 1996: personal invitation of Prof. Valeri Asatiani, Miniser of Culture of the Republic of Georgia to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
The Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation®-Life Beyond Tourism® is:
- Institutional Member and Executive Secretariat of the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee for Theory and
Philosophy of Conservation and Restoration (THEOPHILOS)
- Organiser of the Florentine odd-numbered-years conferences of the ICOMOS Committee for Theory Philosophy of
Conservation and Restoration
- Institutional Member and Permanent Secretariat of the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on Mural
- Organiser of the Florentine odd-numbered-years conferences of the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee
on Mural Painting
- Member of the Italian ICOMOS National Committee and Permanent Seat of Italian ICOMOS Youth Committee
- United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Affiliate Member
- Institutional partner of ICCROM
- Promoter and Stakeholder of the Life Beyond Tourism® Non Profit Portal
- Institutional partner of 224 universities all over the world (updated January 2012)
- Promoter and Founder-member of International Traditional Knowledge Institute (ITKI) - the bank of traditional
Foundation President Paolo Del Bianco is proud and honored to present the following honors and awards received in
over 10 years
THE ACADEMIC ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Ivanovo, 31 May 2013 Emeritus Professor at Ivanovo State University (Russia)
- Torun, 9 February 2012 Medal of Merit by the Academic Senate of the Nicolaus Copernicus University of Torun
- Moscow, 15 October 2011 Professor of the International Academy of Architecture, Branch of Moscow (MAAM)
- Florence, 27 November 2009 Diploma of Honorary Doctor of the Azerbaijan Architecture and Construction University, by the Rector Prof. Gulchohra Mammadova, owing special service in the promotion of study and sciences and maintenance of friendship between Italy and Azerbaijan
- Florence, 27 November 2009 Medal by the McKenzie Presbiterian University, by the Prof. Valter Caldana
- 20 February 2008 Plaque of recognition by the National Academy of Arts of Sofia (Bulgaria) by the Rector Prof.. Bogdan Yonov to the President Paolo Del Bianco for the "particular contribution to the development of relations of integration with students of the National Art Sofia with Europe"
- Krakow, 24 November 2007 Conferring by the Dean of the Faculty of Conservation of the Fine Arts Jan Matejko Krakow, Prof. Grazyna Korpal, medal for the 750 anniversary celebrations of the city
- Bydgoszcz, October 1st 2007 Conferring upon Mr Paolo Del Bianco of the WSG Statue Award by the Rector Krzystof Sikora and the Academic Senate of the University of Economics of Bydgoszcz (Poland) for the relationships of co-operation with the Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation
- Green Bay, 12th May 2007 Conferring of the Honorary Doctoral Degree of Human Letters (the highest honour an America University can give) to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco, in recognition of the extraordinary humanitarian work to promote understanding and friendship among people from different countries and cultures (letter by the Provost of the University of Wisconsin Green Bay, Sue Hammersmith of September 19th 2006)
- Prague, 24th April 2007 Conferring of the Medal of Czech Technical University of Prague, First Class by the Rector Prof. Vaclav Havlicek
- Budapest, April 22nd 2007 Medal by the Budapest University of Technology and Economics, by Vice Rector Miklós Zrínyi
- Ivanovo, 25th September 2006 Conferring of the Certificate of the Honorary Professor of the Ivanovo State University to the President of the Foundation (Paolo Del Bianco) by the Rector of Ivanovo State University, Vladimir Egorov.
- Florence, 27th January 2006 Thank you certificate by the administration of the Ivanovo State University (Russia), in the person of the Rector Prof. Vladimir N. Egorov, for the co-operation received in the promotion of the mobility among students and teachers
- Minsk – Byelorussia, 23rd June 2005 Certificate n° 5 of Honorary Member of the Union of the Architects of Byelorussia (Decision act n°9)
- Minsk – Byelorussia, 23rd June 2005 Thank you plate for the relationships of co-operation developed with the Union of the Architects of Byelorussia
- Bratislava, 7th June 2005 Diploma n. 9, nomination of Paolo Del Bianco as “Associate Professor” of the Department of Architecture by the Scientific Committee of the Slovak Technical University of Bratislava, signed by the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, Prof. Peter Gal
- Italy – Florence, 20th May 2005: re-election of the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco, as Councillor of the Board of the Centre for International Studies on Urban Design (CISDU) of Florence
- Poland – Cracow, 5th October 2004: plaque of merit to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the constitution of the Faculty of Architecture of Technical University of Cracow, Tadeusza Kosciuszki to the Foundation
- Russia – Volgograd, 23rd September 2004: diploma of merit for the promotional activity for the exchange and co-operation in the field of Architecture, by the President of the International Association of the C.I.S. Countries Schools of Architecture, Prof. Alexander Vladimirovich Stepanov to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
- Ukraine – Kharkiv, 25th August 2004: appointment as “Honorary Professor” for the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco, by the Rector of the KSTUCA of Kharkiv, Prof. Mikhail Bolotskikh
- Ukraine – Kharkiv, 23rd August 2004: diploma of merit for the activity promoting the educational growth of young architects in the field of the restoration of the cultural heritage, by the President of the Union of Architects of Kharkiv, Sergey Chechdinsky, to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
- Byelorussia, - Florence, 25th November 2003: diploma of merit for the activity in behalf of the education of young architects in Minsk, by the President of the Byelorussia Union of Architects, Alexander Korbut, to the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco
- Florence, 10th of March 2003 Appointment of the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco, as “Honorary Professor” of the Institutes of Higher Building Education Association of Moscow, by the President, Prof. B. J. Karelin, “for the high achievements in developing the culture and education and in the strengthening of the international co-operation and friendship relations among the sciences and culture people”
- Budapest, 28th of October 2002 “University Poker” of the Budapest University of Technical and Economic Sciences, conferred, on the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco, by the Rector Prof. Ákos Detrekõi, the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture, Antal Lázár, and the Deputy Dean, Prof. Balázs Balogh, as acknowledgement of the “unique, professional mission value performance hall-marked also by international measure, by means of which the students and teachers of our University could become participants of a really substantial, forward-pointing and model-value international collaboration spanning over frontiers, by way of our common language, the Arts”
- Bratislava, 10th of October 2002 Appointment of the President of the Foundation, Paolo Del Bianco, as “Associate Professor” of the faculty for the period 1st October 2002 till 30th September 2004, by the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of Bratislava, Prof. Peter Gàl
- Forte dei Marmi, 12th September 2002 Bronze plate of Krakow Technical University “Tadeusza Kosiuszki”, given by the Rector, Prof. Kazimierz, in recognition of the co-operation with the Foundation
- San Gimignano, 28th June 2002 medal given by the Major of the Town of S. Gimignano, Marco Lisi, in recognition of the initiative promoted and organised by the Foundation on the behalf of the cultural heritage of the town
- Banská Stiavnica, 31st May 2002 medal of Slovak Technical University of Bratislava by the Rector, Prof. Ludovit Molnar, given by the Pro Rector, Prof. Maros Finca, in recognition of the initiatives of integration carried out by the Foundation with the involvement of young university students
- Florence, 3rd March 2002 silver medal of the Hungarian National Bank “Medal 3000 Fiorint of the 2000 for the 125th Anniversary of the Academy of Music Ferenc Liszt”, given on the behalf of the Rector of “Ferenc Liszt” Academy of Music of Budapest, Sandor Falvai, by the Head of Students Affair Office, Franciska Puskas-Ispan
- Florence, 17th December 2001 Silver medal of Florence City give by the Alderman of the City of Florence for Twinning, Eugenio Giani, on the occasion of the first meeting of the project for proposals of reuse of the S. Domenico convent in S. Gimignano
- Krakow, 7th May 2001 Bronze sculpture, unique piece with personal dedication “for Paolo and Giovanna from Krakowian friends University of Technology” given by the Dean of the Cracow Faculty of Architecture, Prof. Waclaw Seruga
- Florence, 16th December 2000 nomination of Paolo Del Bianco as councillor of the International Centre for the Studies on the Urban Planning (CISDU) of Florence. The nomination has been approved during the General Board of the Centre, on the proposal of the President himself, Prof. Piero Paoli, actual
Dean of the Faculty of Architecture of Florence.
- Krakow:, 5th October 2000 bronze medal on behalf of the Senate of the Academy of Fine Arts in Krakow
by the Rector Stanislaw Rodzinski; during the Ceremony of the opening of the Academic Year 2000-2001, at the presence of all the Senate of the Academy, at the presence of the Secretary of State Andrzej Sylvester Sterzielinski, of the Pro Rector of Polytechnic of Krakow Marcin Chrzanowski, Authorities Civil and Religious and at the presence of Professors of Italian Faculties
- Krakow:, 5th October 2000 bronze medal from the Dean of the Department of Sculpture of the Academy, Prof. Josef Sekowski
medal designed by him in occasion of the 50th of the opening of the department of sculpture.
- Krakow:, 4th October 2000 bronze medal for the 55th of the opening of the Faculty of Architecture of Krakowby the Dean Prof. Arch. Waclaw Seruga, during the Ceremony of the opening of the Academic year 2000-2001 Architectural Faculty at the
presence of the Pro Rector Ryszard Kozlowski, the Vice Dean Ewa Gyurkovich, the Vice Dean Kazimiersz Kusniersz and Vice Dean Dariusz Kozlowski In the same time other two medals were assigned to the Prorector Ryszard Kolslowsky and to the former Dean of the Faculty of Architecture Andrzej Kadluczka
- Krakow, 2nd October 2000 the Honorary Sign of the Polytechnic of Krakow Tadeusza Kosiuszki
from the Senate of the Polytechnic of Krakow in the person of the Rector Kazimiersz Flaga, during the opening of the exhibition “Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation Project for Florence” in the Faculty of Architecture department of Restoration and Preservation of Monuments at the presence of pro Rector Ryszard Kozlowski, of the Dean Waclaw Seruga, the Vice Dean Ewa Gyurkovich and of the Former Dean Andrzej Kadlucka
- Krakow, 5th April 2000 bronze sculpture, unique piece with the dedication “for Paolo and Giovanna from Krakowian friends University of Technology” from the Rector Kazimiersz Flaga of the Polytechnic at the presence of the Dean of the Faculty of Architecture Waclaw Seruga and the Vice Dean Ewa Gyurkovich. This bronze sculpture is realised by the polish artist Stefan Dousa
- Florence, 10th February 2000 sculpture from the polish artist Stefan Dousa the”Paradise” and the “Purgatory” in occasion of the 2nd International Round Table of the Foundation
- Florence, 10th February 2000 medal from the Major of Prague 8 – Mìstkà Èàst Praha 8 in occasion of the round table of the Foundation
- Florence, 19th November 1999 plague n. D 291, from the Mayor of Florence, by the Twinning Councillor of Florence Eugenio Giani, in the occasion of the ceremony of Latvia Independence Anniversary
- Krakow, 21st May1999 Golden medal certified n. 101 from University of Krakow – Politechnica “Tadeusza Košciuszki ”
- Florence, 10th February 1999 bronze medal “Sztuki Piekne Wilno 1797 - 200 lat tradycji wilenskiej”
from the Rector of the University of Torun prof. Romuald Drzewiecki in occasion of the 1st International Round Table of the Foundation
- Florence, 13th May 1998 golden plagued medal by the Japanese artist Jo Oda professor in Tama University, Tokyo, medal designed by him for the “XIII Biennale Internazionale Dantesca, Centro Dantesco Ravenna”
THE RELIGIOUS AUTHORITIES ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
- Armenia – Yerevan, 18th June 2003 meeting with His Holyness Karekin II Nersissian, Patriarch of Armenian People
- Città del Vaticano, 13th February 2000 private meeting with His Holiness Giovanni Paolo II
- Georgia - Tbilisi, 6th May 1996 private meeting with His Holiness Elia II Patriarch of Georgia
LAST REGISTERED CULTURAL INSTITUTIONS
Haguro, Mountain of the Present Legend has it that Prince...
NIISF RAASN formed in July 1956 as the Research Institute o...
The Association of Historic, Traditional and Typical Sho...
HISTORY OF PANGEA – Centre Research Ancient Techniques ...
The museum evolved with the intention of creating a cultur...
Ceccano è un comune italiano di 23.504 abitanti della provin...
Kurokawa Noh began with ritual performances at Kasuga Shri...
The EUI was born out of an atmosphere of cooperation, with n...
“The Tretyakov Gallery Magazine” – a leading art magazine in...
ICLAB - Intercultural Creativity Laboratory was inaugurated ...
LAST REGISTERED BUSINESSES
La storia della Pasticceria Gualtieri incomincia nel lo...
Nel 2011 nasce in via dei Serragli 59a/r in Oltrarno, nel ...
Nerdi is an historic workshop with a strong flavor Renaissa...
When Lucio Enrico Di Nardo, expert collector and lover of ob...
Giuseppe Lisio was born in 1870 at Roccamontepiano in the It...
Opened at the end of 1800s by Mister Calò, the Butchery in...
DISCENDENTI DI UN'ANTICA FAMIGLIA FIORENTINA, ISCRITTA NEL...
La bottega delle meraviglie nata nel 1934 su una torre del 4...
Founded way back in 1887 this leather store is still run by ...
Sale of books and antique prints, maps, Townscapes original...